CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 26, 2010

Keep the Good Karma Flowing!

I'm a strong believer in karma... what goes around will certainly come back around.


If you are a kind person with good intentions, good things will come your way.
However, if you're a rotten mean spirited person with ulterior motives... well then, you're SOL. Karma will come back... and I hear it's a b*tch!


Maybe I'm a little superstitious, but I credit all my my good fortunes in life to things that I have done to help others or just for the greater good of humanity. I've been blessed with a wonderful family and amazing customers and friends! We're by no means wealthy people, but our home is full of laughter and love.. and to me, those are the greatest riches. So, to keep the good karma flowing, we pick a new project every so often (with our animal rescue mission being top priority)


My favorite charitable thing is to whip up a huge batch of everything, split it up and drop half off at a local women's shelter and the other half to a facility for pregnant teens who were kicked out of their homes or have no place to go otherwise. They have a place to live, tutors to help them graduate and all that good stuff to make sure that they can succeed in life and raise their babies.  I can not save the world and prevent things like abuse and neglect... but if I can offer these girls 20 minutes to escape the ugliness of their realities in the shower..  or to do something to make themselves feel a little better... well then that's stellar.


So, that leads me to my next thing...

I came across these amazing people on Facebook. Tysha and Chris 
They run an operation that's called Spreading Peace Reno.   
They take food and supplies to the homeless down in Tent City
Their videos are so heartbreaking!
So, I've contacted Chris and Tysha and asked if these people had access to shower facilities and were in need of soaps and other toiletries. It's got to be incredibly uncomfortable to be stuck in a tent in the middle of the desert without being able to properly wash. Can you image how disgusting these people must feel? That's a huge blow to their confidence. I wouldn't want to go and try to apply for a job after I've been sleeping in a tent and unable to shower. Hopefully I can get some stuff together for these people.


I think I want to set something up where every month I can sponsor a different organization... and have certain products in a special section of my shop that are marked up $1.00 and take that buck, plus a percentage of that sale and use it to donate towards that month's charity. That way it's something that everyone can get involved in and get a piece of that good karma.
I'd love any feedback or suggestions as to what organizations I can get involved with!
What's YOUR favorite organization to donate to or the greatest cause you support?

10 comments:

Mary said...

I think that is a wonderful idea. I too believe in karma, and I believe that is why you are doing so well, is because you are genuinely nice and caring. I think it's great you donate your earnings!

Gina said...

Just another reason why your company is awesome! WOW!!!!! I honestly believe that karma is God's way of keeping everything in balance! :) Sometimes we may be wronged and never get a chance to see the karma another one gets.
Other times, we are totally wronged by a bf in college, (he had his NEW gf meet him at a formal party WE had gone to that night-yes it really happened) and I get over him quickly, forgetting him in fact.
While on bed rest last year during my pregnancy, who appears on a reality show (some millionaire dating show)but my ex. And he ends up looking like an utter ASS! It made me giggle, as he had been a total jerk to me. Karma is REAL and it'll get ya! :)

Holly Days Closet said...

I to believe in karma. You get what you give. It's to bad more don't see this. My favorite places to donate are women shelters and group homes.
Holly

by BB*Jayde said...

OMG Gina! Was it Megan Wants a Millionaire??
All those guys were pretty big douche bags! haha

Valerie said...

You got it right with Karma! My husband and I are big believers that you get back from the energy that you put out in the world. That's awesome what you are doing for those women. Something as simple as a nice bar of soap that was made with love can mean more than just soap.I think your idea of the special sections sounds awesome! I would defiantly buy from that section!

Nina said...

Very inspiring and touching! I admire you and feel proud to know you. You're a very caring and giving person. You deserve many good things in life. I think your idea is beautiful - Go for it! I would love to be a part of it. You have my support :)

Brandy said...

This is such an awesome and generous thing for you to do!

As May is fast approaching, I would like to recommend the National Fibromyalgia Association (fibro awareness day is May 15th).

by BB*Jayde said...

Good one Brandy! My mom has Fibromyalgia and I'll tell ya what, it can really destroy your life!
She's only 58... but she can barely get out of bed because of this. She also has degenerative disc disease, which she happened to pass on to me.. lucky for me, she also passed on the "no grey hair or wrinkles til late 50's also" lol but for her age, you'd swear she was at least 20 years older.
My dad... he's 68 and you'd swear he was in his 40's.
But anyway, yes! Very good cause to support. Thank you!

Melissa... said...

I love your giving heart! Teen Challenge and Royal Family Kids Camp are two Orgs. I really like. I'd like to help. Teen Challenge is a rehab center for teens that is Christian based and has an AMAZING rate of successful recoveries (not relapsing). Royal Family Kids Camp is a camp for foster children that costs them nothing. It provides much needed respite for their foster families and gives them an opportunity to be in a safe, screened environment with healthy mentors and have fun and learn how precious they are. I have a huge heart for foster kids. The concept of Karma is very biblical too. Matthew 7:12 "do unto others..." and Luke 6:38 "Give and it will be given unto you...". Anyway, I love your idea of blessing young moms with some beauty and those in need of products. Bless you.

by BB*Jayde said...

I was a young mother myself.
I had my first child when I was 16, so I know the struggles.

We have a teen challenge in our area also... We buy all of our organic produce and plants and flowers from their farm/nursery. It's so amazing to see them at their stand... looking all proud and accomplished when you go up to buy the stuff that THEY worked so hard to grow.