CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Awesome things on Etsy

I'm always blogging about what I sell... but never really about what I buy.

These awesome finds deserve a shout out...

Chloe's 4th birthday is coming up on April 14th. We've already done Dora the last 2 years, we've done Care Bears and a princess theme.. so I wanted to do something different this year.
Right now she's really  into Dragon Tales 
She likes to pretend that she's going to dragon land.. She'll even get her fake dragon tail and recite the whole rhyme that takes the kids to Dragon Land. It's quite funny..

Anyway, It's impossible to find Dragon Tales birthday decorations.. So, I turned to Etsy.
CraftyGio  a customer of mine, was able to make us the most ADORABLE dragon tales cake toppers!

Here they are on a cake prop (click to enlarge)




































How amazing! You should've seen the little 125x125 pixilated picture she had to work from!
She also does Disney Princesses, Handy Manny, or pretty much anything. You think it, she'll do it (she really likes doing Olivia... especially after doing 20 of them in a row LOL)
Have a look at her shop and if you don't see what you're looking for, just ask! Her lollipops are adorable too.


To complete the Etsy birthday party decor, I got a banner in a trade from Love2Embellish


Let me tell you, it's adorable in person! Photos don't so it justice... and I feel so horrible about the trade. She wanted a bottle of body wash, so I said ok... I'll trade for the banner... and believe me, a bottle of body wash does NOT cover the awesomeness of this banner... and I need to send her something else now because she deserves it!


Next, we have some soap!
I need soap like I need a hole in my head... but I was on th hunt for some Soap Savers and I couldn't resist!
Next to the Sunflower soap that I just made (will be blogging about that next week)
Glenda @ SudzNThings makes the best bar soap that I have ever used or laid my eyes on! If you're a fan of bar soap.. you have to give her's a try! I promise you won't be disappointed!

I got the Mountain Lake Scent. It was like I wasn't even using soap.. No squeaky tight feeling afterwards, no yucky soap feeling... just nice smelling, super soft and conditioned skin. The best part is, her soap is completely natural and very simple. Just a tad of lye (there is no lye left over once it turns into soap) oil and filtered rain water (soft water) That's it!  It's amazing how something so simple can be so superior! No this or that.. no bar hardeners or whiteners (which are NOT bad for you by the way) just pure and simple. Even hubby enjoyed it and he's hard to please! This soap definitely gets my seal of approval! Not that it needs it or anything...  Actually, I bow down to her greatness. Yes, her soap is THAT good! 

Glenda's such an amazing person too. She helped me out with my Soy Milk Soap  (it's a different process)  and coached me on how to avoid the Soy Milk from ruining the batch. Now, I have an amazing batch of it (almost) ready to gift for Mother's Day.  Her shop's in Va-cay mode at the moment (for Easter)  but will be returning on Wednesday  :)


Finally, we have the most awesome mineral makeup in the whole world! 
It's not an Etsy purchase, but still falls under the Hand Made  :)
I was having a convo with Courtney @ http://frescophyrra.blogspot.com (the makeup bible)
about mineral eye shadow and she referred  me to  Evil Shades 

I ordered: 





















The colors are a little hard to see, but they're pretty true to color, and beautiful in person.
They're shimmery and they go on very easy. I didn't have to stand there rubbing at it to spread, but once they're on they stay on. Suffocation and double barrel re my favorites! Suffocation reminds me of the eyeshadow that I use to get from Victoria's Secret (sans the yuck) It's a light pinkish shimmer and it looks awesome over Double barrel! 
Double barrel is like a dark grey shimmer. Almost like gunmetal.  When I get some sleep and don't have huge bags under my eyes, I'll get some pics.  
If you're unsure about the colors, you can order samples cheap.. That's what I did before getting full sized, and the samples are huge! They'll last me quite a while. Her shipping was super fast too. 

3 comments:

mylastrose said...

Super cute birthday banner and the mountain lake soap sounds great! I bet I would love that scent. I might just have to buy a bar and find out :)

by BB*Jayde said...

Ohhh the soap is great, you gotta try it! She's like a soap master.
She has these cool little soap lollipops that have loofah sponges inside of them... and they're on a stick. Awesomeness

mylastrose said...

I'll let you know if I do :) I can't wait for her shop to reopen so that I can have a looksie. Her products sound neat.

By the way, did you get my comment regarding your banner and the labels? I was having trouble posting that day.

Hope you had a great Easter!